Saturday 9 April 2011

Music Magazine: Double Page Spread


TITLE: I decided to have the name of my magazine in the black border with the red colour scheme to show continuity throught the whole magazine. I kept it symertical on both sides in small writing to that it was obvious to see the name of the magazine. I kept it simple as i didnt want it to distract the audience from the main article and picture.

MAIN PICTURE: I like my main picture as I think it shows a fun side to my double page spread as some magazines can be very detailed and abit repetative and audiences wouldnt bother to take the time to read and would just skip the page. I think that this image is fun and young, and would make an audience reading it think "oo this looks interesting" and read it. Although it covers the whole left side of the double page spread i dont think that it takes away the attention that there is a question and answer style interview to the right of it. My main image was inspired by picture i have previously seen of Cheryl Cole in top magazine interviews such as Q, Vogue and Cosmopolitan magazines. I wanted to capture this is my double page spread. I like the colour scheme i have used for the words "CHERYL COLE ... IT BACK BIGGER BETTER & BOLDER" because it is not too contrasting. Although i am not sure about the  pink colour used to highlight "BETTER". In my feedback i will see what the comments are and may change this as it is completely different to the rest of the double page spread.

ARTICLE: I wrote my article in the style of questions and answers. I did not want the article to be too long as i think that the picture would outlook the rest of the double page spread. So i tried to make it as even as i could. I studied magazines that i have previously read and looked at how the questions were set out and how the questions were answered. So i wrote the answers as if i was the interviewee and tried to make them seem as realistic and as believeable as i could. I think that my questions could be looked over again and changed, because i dont think they have much significance of the type of magazine that it is(Music). The paragrpah introduction at the top of the questions and answers was based upon magazines i had studied and most of them described where they met a certain celebrity and where they interviewed them, and commented on the main features of the questions they were going to ask.

OVERALL LOOK: Overall i wanted to keep simplicity and kepy the background white, so that my colour scheme would stand out and not be washed into the background by bold vibrant colours that might distract attention from the thing i want my audience to focus on. I am going to re-look at the overall outcome and make changes to suit the style of my magazine better. I kept the black bar and triangle from my contents page, to make it link with the article i have written so the audience will see this as an important part of the magazine and the fact that is has stayed the same hopefully won't confuse readers as to what is the main story of the magazine. I did not want to use much word art as it would start to look childish and not very professional, so i kept it simple block colours to keep the attention focused on the picture and article that has been written.


I looked at my double page spread and decided that i needed to make some changes. I doubled my word art and made them opposite colours to have a background around it, to match my colour scheme. I decided that i nee to change the colours that I have used on the main words.

Audience Feedback:

Jai Chahal- I like the overall look of the double page spread, it looks professional. I really like the colour scheme that has been used as I noticed that it has been used for the front cover, contents page and this. Using the white background contrasts the rest of the page. I think that the picture should have kept its background so that there isn't too much white.

Iqra Ahmed- I like the colour scheme you have used, it is original and different it grabbed my attention straight away. I love the picture you have used as it looks fun and captures the style of your article. I like how you changed the pink to red, it looks much more clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment